Drug Rehabilitation: What Does ‘Recovery’ Mean?
When you or a loved one is struggling with substance abuse, it can be difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe you’re just beginning to realize that you need to make a change. Maybe you’ve tried to kick the habit before, only to find yourself back where you started. You may be wondering if drug rehabilitation is even possible. The good news is that with effective substance abuse treatment, you can achieve, and maintain sobriety. We are here to show you how.
What is Recovery?
Recovery is not a one time event but rather a lifelong process. It’s more than just refraining from drugs, alcohol, or other addictive habits; it’s about pursuing overall wellness. People who have successfully overcome addiction often refer to their recovery as “a second chance at life” because they gain new opportunities to build healthy relationships, hold meaningful jobs, and become involved in their communities. According to research, quality of life increases the longer a person has been able to maintain sobriety. The fact is, the path to recovery is not always a straight line and sometimes you can be taken off your path. Ridgeview can help you get back on track.
Pillars and Principles of Recovery
You can think of recovery as a personal journey, a process centered on four pillars:
- A sense of purpose.
- Being surrounded by a loving community.
- Promoting all aspects of your health.
- Having a safe, stable place to call home.
Although the process looks different for each person and is influenced by cultural dimensions, it always begins with hope and the recognition that change is necessary. While it’s accomplished with the help of drug treatment centers and the support of loved ones, recovery must be self-directed. By visiting this website you have already taken an important step towards your recovery.
The Roar to Recovery: One Step At a Time
At Ridgeview, we will empower you to take the steps needed to overcome addiction and be present with you every step of the way!
Your journey towards sobriety begins with you:
- Recognizing that you have an addiction, being willing to commit to positive change, and believing that recovery is possible.
- Learning what addiction is: A disease that causes changes in the brain.
- Learning what addiction isn’t: A character flaw or weakness.
- Developing a plan for recovery that includes deciding to change and enlisting the help of friends, loved ones, and healthcare providers.
- Finding the substance abuse treatment plan that meets your needs and considering post-treatment options, such as sober living homes, to help you transition back into the community.
Ridgeview Institute offers comprehensive substance abuse rehabilitation support and takes the journey with you from your initial intake assessment to your transition back to the community. Contact us today to learn more and to schedule an evaluation.
WE ARE AVAILABLE TO OUR PATIENTS 24/7
WE OFFER FREE ASSESSMENTS; WALK INS ACCEPTED
Ridgeview Institute is here to guide your journey toward mental wellness. For your convenience, we offer 24/7 assessments at no cost. If you or a loved one is struggling with a mental health or substance abuse issue contact us to see how we can help.